Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Secretariat Racing Set 1st Updates

Nothing major to report today.  As I mentioned previously, I'm trying out some new techniques for this set.  For the rubber part of the reins, I actually cast some rubber pieces from a mold I made to look like the real thing with grips and all.  It's been quite a challenge so far (lots of castings before I found something I thought looked good enough), and I'm sure there's a better way to do it, but what I made isn't bad.  I'll keep experimenting and perfecting on future sets but its time to move forward. 

The bridle has been a little slow going since I have to paint everything blue, but its looking sharp so far!  I also have my checker pattern created for the blinker hood in a scale that I think looks good, so I'll be getting to that shortly.  I just ordered the last solid cast Valor from Rio Rondo, so once he arrives I'll take some pics on him.  Yay!  He's a cool model.   Anyway, that's about it for now. 

Oh yea, my dog and I did get our title this past weekend.  We got a 98 out of 100, which was a tie score for 1st place but the person who got first was 2 seconds I got 2nd. Still a good showing and I'm proud :). Next up is Advanced Rally (RA title) and Novice Obedience (CD title).  We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment