By George, I think I've done it! After cutting away more than 1/4" of the initial round wire, I think this looks way better. This is the toggle with chrome finish. Very excited about it! The one downside, it doesn't swing like I had wanted. Oh well, it's a stationary horse anyway but it would have been nice to have it functional. What do you think?
Monday, February 20, 2012
Sunday, February 19, 2012
I've been doing a little work on the draft harness swinging toggle lately. I've been experimenting with different ways to create a good toggle, and I think I at least have started down the right path. I made one today that is ok....I'm not going to scrap it completely, but I'm not 100% loving it. I finally got the little teeny drafter on top just how I want, so that's the main thing so far. Everything doesn't completely swing like I had wanted, but at least the little center ornament dangles and swings a bit. The outer circle is just too big...I'll try to work with it a bit to see if I can't improve that. Otherwise, I think the elements are there and if I can get it looking better, then I'll show it painted.
Posted by Erika at 5:19 PM