Friday, March 15, 2013

New Arrivals

Today turned out to be a pretty good day :)  Work wasn't too bad, and when I got home I had a nice surprise waiting at the door....my Breyer Totilases? Totili? Totilas's?  Whatever, you know what I mean!  I had checked Breyer's website yesterday and say they were backordered, so I wasn't expecting them anytime soon.  What a nice model too!  Question to the viewers:  Who should the large one be paired with in a harness team (AR or OFP)?  I want to get him CM'd so that the front legs look more carriagey, but I was wondering about maybe a CM'd Salinero or CM'd Valentine mare?  Similar body sizes.  I like Valentine's head (I think Salinero is too muley or too much like Cleveland Bay mold), but not sure she'd look good with Totilas.  Send me your thoughts....


Before I came home, I stopped at HobbyTown USA for some brass, a pin vise, a mini drill bit assortment, and to take a look at the Breyer selection.  They're one of the only stores, if not THE only store, that carries Breyers here.  They had a dapple gray pinto Weathergirl that I almost got, but I ended up leaving with a little resin Totilas instead.  I don't know what it is about minis & me right now, and I don't even know what I'm going to do with him, but I really like minis!  I noticed when I got home that he has a big popped bubble in his paint, so he may just have to end up getting CM'd sometime.  Into what, I don't know!  I feel like making a dressage set for him though :)


I'm going to try my hand at making some parts.  We shall see what happens!  I really have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to raw metal.  I like the pre-made stuff I can get from my trusted hobby supply folks online!      
 

No comments:

Post a Comment