Monday, August 15, 2011

Why oh why do I keep posting today?

Can you tell that I'm excited to actually have a blog now??  Maybe not, you don't know me!  How long have blogs been around, and this is my first one?  I don't know, I just really haven't been into the blogosphere.  I don't like posting things on Facebook, Twitter, or whatever else is out there either.  Maybe I'll like this more because it's about my favorite hobby.  For those of you who like all things model horse, at least I can interact with anyone who has questions or wants to talk horses.

I started thinking about my model horsing activities, and I really haven't been too involved for awhile.  It looks like my last commission was completed almost 2 years ago in fall of 2009!  I've worked on some random things between then and now, but I haven't completed a full set since.  This got me thinking...let me break my thoughts down into the following pretend questions that people probably aren't even thinking:

1.  When was the last time you went to a live show?  2008, the GLC (Great Lakes Congress) in Chicagoland.  I did well in performance, which is really all I care to show anyway.  I always try halter just because, but I never seem to do well.  I'm more proud of my tack :)

2.  Have you ever been to NAN (or BreyerFest or what's the other...Stone County Fair?)?  No, no and no.  I've qualified for NAN a lot, and as far as I know most of the sets I've made for my clients have as well.  I don't know if they go to the big shows, or if my tack does well at that level.  I do know that a lot of my tack NAN Q's it's first time out at regional shows, and quite a few pieces have taken performance champ/reserve champ on the first show.  I should figure out the stats one of these days.   

3.  How many tack sets have you completed since starting in 2005?  Well that's a good question, pretend interviewer.  When I think about it, I *think* I've only completed 15 in their entirety.  That's kind of pitiful isn't it?  In my defense, I have quite a few half finished projects.  Let's see, I've fully created 5 huntseat/jumper sets (4 traditional, 1 SM), 1 traditional dressage, 2 saddleseat (1 traditional, 1 SM), 1 traditional harness, 1 traditional polo set, and 5 traditional racing sets.  I like to try new things, and I'm mulling around the idea of a sidesaddle set, a historical set (Civil War era), something Portuguese or Spanish maybe.. I'm not ready for western yet.  Maybe endurance too, who knows!

4.  What do you have "in the works" then?  1 lg. traditional draft harness, 1 micro-mini western set, 1 SM pony huntseat set, 1 SM jumping set, 1 traditional jumping set, 1 traditional racing set, 1 SM harness, 1 traditional huntseat set....I think that's all.  The draft harness is what I want to finish sooner than later, but it's hard to find the pieces I want.  I'll post some progress photos when I have something worth showing.  If all goes according to plan, this will be my pride & joy piece.

5.  Do you take on commissions?  Yes and no.  Typically I don't take commissions, but I will take them if I feel I have enough upcoming time to get a set completed or if it's someone who really, really wants me to make something for them.  It never hurts to ask though if you really want something, but generally I don't seek out work.  If you can find me, then feel free to ask!

6.  Do you find it odd you're having a pretend interview?  Hmm, yes.  I must be really bored tonight!

7.  Last one, it's good to end on lucky #7.  Well now I can't think of anything else.  My neighbor's house alarm is going off and I'm wondering why.  It's 11:35pm...too early for burglars?  Aren't the police supposed to come when a house alarm has been going off for 20 minutes?  Way to go ADT!  Or Broadview I mean, excuse me.

Anyway, I'll try not to post weird posts from now on.  Just hobby related stuff.  I think I feel a bit campy tonight, maybe that's why :)  In the off-chance anyone actually reads this, I do apologize!  Hope you all have a good day/night and drop me a comment if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment